• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD'er needs advice on giving Intel a try....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h20link

well i've been looking at the refurbed abit BD7's at newegg....

Since i'm new to intel (currently running an XP and a Duron) Could you guys lemme know what you think of this board? for $33 I could pick up a $180 2 ghz P4 and reuse my current XP machine's components. anyways, this only takes socket 478 P4's....If memory serves me correctly aren't there 2 P4 sockets: 423 and 478?

I seem to remember that one of these sockets is being phased out....I just want to make sure that if I buy this board i'm not buying the one that' s gonna be gone in a couple months. Anyways, any feedback/opinions on the BD7 as a starter Intel Mobo would be appreciated--Thanks.

here is my 2 cents worth...

go 1.6a or 2.26b

also forget bd7 and go bd7II

ask on intel cpu forum....the peeps are going crazy with the 2.26b and bd7II, think 3.0ghz!!!!

mica

I am contemplating this swap myself. Damn me and my curiousity :D. I was gonna buy an AMD system but NOOOOO..... I just HAD to walk on over and read all the 2.26B @ 3gigs threads.... :D Quick question about Intel's future plans: How long will socket 478 be around out of curiousity?

Back