• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best brand of GF4 Ti4200 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_master

I'm dying for oppinions on the best board, the one with the fastest memorys, the best, and the cheapest GF4 Ti4200 board.

My biggest contender that is in my pricerange is the
"Point of View GF4Ti4200"
And the
"Gainward GF4 Ti4200"

Note:"I'm going to go to bed now, I'll be checking the replys in the morning, 10hrs from now."

I just put the gainward Ti4200 in my new PC, I had no trouble with it... runs hot... but this has not proven to be an issue yet =P. Only thing I did not like is that the crappy stock hsf was bent outta the retail box... I had to bend the damn fins outta the way of the fan... hope this helps =)

heh broke 10k 3d marks on a XP 1.4 straight outta the box =)

My gainward doesn't overclock like some of the others, but I don't overclock it anyway... it's plenty fast enough.

What about the PoW board then, does anyone have that one?
It's dirt cheap, I'm really thinking of buying it.
I will ofcourse replace the cooling but still, it seems like a good card.

thats my baby..:)

10259164513Sz7mrAref_1_3_l.jpg

MSI has brought with it a bevy of features that distinguish the MS-8870 from the rest of the crowd. It can be had for the same sub-US$150 price as the others and offers you the “flashy” good looks and a bundle that is second to none while OCing like a madman. If you are considering a bad *** budget bruiser like the Ti4200, you had better give the MSI MS-8870 some serious consideration.
the full review from hardocp

I bet I am ging for the msi instead of the abit ti 4200.to think the MSI perfroms better than gainward or Xtasy really stuns me

i don't see much difference in the performance, but the delux version from asus has same nice extra features..

if i remember well, hercules has gone smash. are they still producing?

What is a good speed on the GF4 ti4200 memories?
The PoW has this:
"Point Of View GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb DDR 3.3ns!!! DVI TV-out Retail AGP"

I don't seem to find anything faster....

Back