• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I toast my GF2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toastedzergling

Ah well, I tried to clean my GF2, there is some superglue residue on the core, I rubbed it with steel wires and washed with bar soap, reapplied superglue epoxy and AS III, then I let it dry for 8 hours or so and fire it back, now I can only load winxp safemode in 640X480@4bit:(, can't change settings in safemode, if I go to full mode then black screen. an old voodoo card works just fine. Did I kill it???:mad: :mad: I suspect it was not completely dry because the card was very warm after just a few minutes, damn!!!

Actually I installed an intel retail tulatin heatsink and fan on it, I glued it on with about 50:50 ASIII and epoxy, the original heatsink and fan is tiny compared to the new monster. now I am blowing air onto the card and hoping for the best:eek: I'll try reinstall drivers once it's completely dry

Back