• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! My 3dmark2k1se score is way too low!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
I just built a new computer for my uncle. It is a 2.26b p4 with 512mb pc2100 crucial. The video card is a ATI All-In-Wonder 8500dv. After setting up the pc and installing just basic software (office, virusscan, etc) I ran 3dmark2001se and got a horrible 7329 3dmarks. So I uninstalled the ATI driver and installed the new ATI Catalyst 02.1 6094 driver. THen I went in advanced settings set all the tabs to performance, close my open apps and ran 3dmark again....this time 7909 3dmarks.....still horrible for this system. I have an XP 2100+ at home w/an 8500 that does 9700 3dmarks.....wtf is going on here??? Help I'm only staying here a couple more days!!!

I think so I remember installing a bunch of drivers off of the Gigabyte cd. The board is a Gigabyte GA-8IEXP. How can I check if I did without having to reinstall the drivers....? Can I go look in sandra or sumthing?

you have to check it out at the device manager into the System Devices and look for devices with the named driver of the chipset manufacter: via, intel, sis drivers. what os are you running? also make sure everyone is running ok.

Well I looked in device manager and I have a bunch of Intel drivers. My chipset is the Intel 845E. However, there are like 6 unknown devices listed in the unknown category with a question mark by them. When I uninstalled the original drivers and installed the catalysts after I rebooted it said it found new hardware (unknown device) like 6 times and now in device manager I have 6 unknown devices with a question mark by them, however, under display adapters I only have 1 and it says "All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500DV". So I guess the video driver is installed ok....

i think youre gonna need help from someone else on this because im not sure whether that video card needs more than only one driver to work properly. it seems so since all those devices were detected right after the video card driver uninstallation.
all i can say is make sure the catalyst version you got has the support for that video card model.

once you were already getting the low score before it you may want to check if you have the agp interface set to 4x and if everything else is running the way you set to in sandra, like RAM for ex.

several people have had your problem. What i have heard is that the aiw needs another driver set to run some of its mmc options. This is ecspeiacly true if you run windows xp. I believe ati has the proper pocedure posted for this somewhere at there sight. No first hand experiance though, I have just seen this in other forums. Sorry if this does not help any.:(

Back