• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My computer is being weird, laggspikes & freezes in multiple games, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wasn't saying that it was a Win10 problem only, but it's not helping your issues. I've had Watchdog timer errors on W7 also. Usually from benching over your ski's on the ram. A re-install of the OS fixes it, and in far less time than any other method.
Your problem is an overly repaired (or at least attempted) polluted OS.
Wipe it, Reinstall it. ;)

hmm i can try doing a clean install again but just to clarify i have not overclocked anything in my build exept my cpu and during tests and stress tests nothing have been messing up realy... but ill try doing a clean reinstall again

again i don't know how much this affects the reinstall but i can only use the software that came with win10 to wipe drive and reinstall it after.... i dont have any disks or flashdrives for reinstalling ^^

Never said you were overclocking. OS can become polluted without overclocking.
A couple crappy downloads that install hidden junk is all it takes.

thought you ment that by benching over ski's on your ram ^^ I'm Dane! Rawr! Fear ME! ^^ not the best at understanding english sometimes :p

running malwarebytes atm with deep scan so ill reinstall after that just to check... not yet past my ssd so prolly gonna take a while ^^

thought you ment that by benching over ski's on your ram ^^ I'm Dane! Rawr! Fear ME! ^^ not the best at understanding english sometimes :p
LOL. It's ok, I have Dane friends that say the same thing. :D
I understand you perfectly.

well i did write understand instead of understanding.. did notice it after reading it a couple of times ^^

btw do i have to wipe my big drive as well? since i got all my games and stuff on it i would rather not xD but not sure if it would be best to reformat it

reinstalled windows now and atm downloading wow again... ill run some games tomorrow prolly and see if i still lagg.. keep reinstalling till it stops if it doesn't work?

oh well just tried running wow and yup didnt help anything with the reinstall of windows with clean ssd.... so gg im done ^^ just gotta wait untill i can buy new parts in a year

ehm okey i got some weird news about this :eek: i am running dual monitors and i disconnected the hdmi one (using a dvi=vga adaptor for my main screen normally) and for some reason my pc aint lagging anymore... keep in mind i have been able to run 2 screens normally before with no lagg.. while even running more then i have been doing lately...but for some reason it fixed most of my lagg :S

Maybe I missed it but I didn't realize you were running dual monitors. Well if it runs better using one monitor then at least you know where the problem stems from.

yea might not have said it but i find it funny that i have been able to run 2 monitors 99% of the time i have played on this pc.. and now it just won't allow me to run any games without major laggspikes? Can't see how that is possible unless maybe my psu isn't giving enough power to the hardware? i don't know realy :S

what ya mean? i dont see how the cables could make my hole pc stutter :eek: atleast from what i understand from your question :p

I've seen funnier things happen and sometimes it's things we overlook that could be the root of our issues. When you said that the problem went away when switching to a single monitor from dual it made me think it might me an issue with one of the cables or connections, however unlikely it may be.

Back