• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II-R, Vid card problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wombat Woo

Registered
Does anybody know if Geforce 2's meet that 1.5V thing? I can't check Abits website, its down or something and basically what happens is I turn on the computer and the mobo beeps like crazy and I get no video.

I am fairly certain its the video card. Nothing else is hooked up and hopefully my friend finds my old voodoo 3 that he borrowed a while back.

Try another vid card in there. Also, if thats dosen't help try reseating everything and make sure all the other parts work.

Yeah I made sure about that one right at the start when hooking this thing up.

Not that I ever had that happen to me with previous computers I was building before *cough* ;)

Is there any issues with the 1.6A .13 and TH7II-R? Even if it was a bios issue I would still at least expect the mobo to post or for that LED to say something other than 00.

Unfortunetly I was unable to test the video problem. My voodoo3 is lacking another notch so it wont go into the AGP slot *I assume thats how you know if its 1.5v complaint* and it didn't care for an older PCI vid card I had.

Still have not been able to test out another video card but it is a 1.5v card and it works in my other systems. However it is a little figidty. Sometimes *my Athlon mobos (abit kt7a & msi ???) and socket 7 mobo (california graphics)* when I take it out or take ram off the motherboard and put the stuff back in the video wont turn on and a siren goes off.

From their to get it to work I either have to take the ram out again, turn on the computer, turn off computer, put ram back in, turn on the computer, the video may then work. Or take the video card out, turn on computer, turn off computer, put video card back in, turn on computer, and it may work. Does the same thing with the TH7II-R except if the video does kick in it will just go back out. Perhaps this abit board doesn't like it.

Unfortunetly the closest thing to my problem I came across was this link

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/qa/2002/2002021702.htm

No post + sirens = overheating cpu. However from the pictures they show of a bad installation of the heatsink mine is seated in properly.

Tried to get a bright light to see if there was any spaces between the cpu and heatsink. Nothing that I could see. Tiny tiny bit of ASIII did squeeze out around the edges, and there is even a slight bow in the board from the pressure of the clip keeping the heatsink on the board. BUT the white clips are not perfectly flush into the black part of the retention clip. They stick up like 1mm or so but they are as far down as I can get them. Do these things ever give people a lot of problems? After I test the vid card and if that doesnt solve the problem I'm gonna pop off that clip and gently hold the HSF on by hand against the cpu so I know that it is touching it. Getting crazy over here ;)

If none of that works I'm going to go insane.

Edit:

Well it's not the video card causing the problems.
And its not overheating.

Gonna be one of those weeks.....

Last edited:
Back