• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good OC board with raid.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Hi guys

What board shall i pick for my XP 2100+?
it shall have raid because i use raid.

it have to be a good at OC because i wnat to OC alot :)

So help me out guys.

Can't go wrong w/ an A7V333. It has onboard ATA/RAID (selectable through jumper), and the KT333 chipset, so it supports a /5 divisor for FSBs over 166.

I like the Abit KX7-333. IMHO it is the best board currently. Affordable, just 100.00 w/ RAID, performance is one of the best, stablity is one of the best, and overclocking too. The board loves the FSB, and "kat" from DSLR (DSLReports.com), got easily over 3000/x, x being a number I forgot on the Sisoft Sandra memory scores w/ a 210 fsb I think. He could have went higher but it was a customer PC. The board loves the FSB.

Good Luck choosing.

board

Is your XP unlocked? If not, I see no reason to get a kt333 motherboard as you will never come close to 166 FSB with the stock multiplyer.

Get an Epox 8kha+ or Abit KR7a raid board instead.

If you unlock, go for the Abit KX-7 333r. It stomps the other kt333 boards (no onboard anything except raid)! A7V would be good as well, with lots of onboard goodies.

Unlock

Check the AMD CPU's section for guides on unlocking the L1 bridges. For an XP 2100+, you'll also have to do something extra. Check it out here.

Back