• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there any way to fix this FM problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DManeKid

im always getting screwy numbers because my percent done always goes up over night...right now the frame percent done is 5700% that is going to mess it up big time! i never get accurate reading of when im supposed to be done bc of this...any help?

I don't understand the significance of overnight. FM has always given confusing info after extensive use of the system above and beyond just folding. But overnight one would expect the system to be quiet and all cycles go to folding thus giving readings more accurate than say during the day when you're working. Do you have any other programs running overnight?:confused:

no the computer isnt on over night, thus my problem...is there a way i can get it to just stop counting and kind of pause? i have realized that it totally relies on time, but this is getting me mad...will this just eventually work its self out when i get more of its type of protien? this is the first of its kind im using so i dont know...

if i use emIII i get an error or 2 per frame (and thats with everything disabled) thet really slows me down so i dont use it

shouldnt there be more to that post? like how to fix it maybe? lol i have no idea how to do these things thats y i ask:D

im using 3.1, i have to stick with the 4 in 1 drivers i have now otherwise my comp just hangs (its a compaq laptop...) oh and im using WinME...plenty of things to mess with my life there...

Does the laptop have an AMD processor? I was assuming that the system in your signature was the one you were having problems with. I had some problems with EMIII locking my desktop and troubleshot it down to the GART driver being set to turbo instead of standard. It would also help to know what chipset you are using.

I don't have any experience with laptops so I'm not sure about the configuration requirements. Either something is setup in a manner that interferes with the operation of EMIII or something is not configured properly. There is a VIA forum http://forums.viahardware.com/ which might have some info that will help you and also Pauls Unofficial Via page www.viahardware.com/faq/kg7kr7/overclocking.htm Also the Compac site should give some info (manuals) for your laptop. I don't mean to be passing you off but for the information you have given me this is the most help I can offer.:beer: :burn:

its alright i figure that when i get more of the same proteins it will eventually be able to average the right number...but thats only if it uses all of the proteins to average the time remaining and average frame time...i hope so...this was the answer i was really lookig for, so can any1 tell me if it does that?

no! i know it doesnt learn....what i mean is how it finds its averaged frame time, remaining time, ect it takes all of the frames you have done for that protein and averages them, i just dont know if it uses all of the protiens of that type and averages them on only uses the one your on now...how do you post pix? ill show you what im talking about

Which version of EMIII were you trying to use? I had tons of problems with V 1.8.0 or whatever the number was. V1.8.4 is what I’m using now and it works great. V1.8.6 is also available but I haven't upgraded yet. Make sure you have the latest version of EMIII. This has already been said but, Fold Monitor really really is the worst monitoring program out there for folding, it’s reliance on the system clock is the stupidest things they could have done with it. Good luck.

Back