• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

variable fan knob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FnP

i know this is a weird question...but here goes...

i have a ys-tech variable speed 80mm fan..
it has that knob that you can controll the fan speed with...

well...i would like to take that knob off...
do i pull it or will it come off at all?

i dont want to break it...
i tried giving it a good tug and nothing...do i need to pull harder?

since the knob is probabally a rheostat, i would clip it off and then just splice the two ends together.

i would cut the connectors to the speed control and attach the 2 wires... yea what Mizzery said
:D

thats a good idea!...lol
i'm and idiot

if i cant get the knob to come off...then thats what i'll do

however, for asthetics i would only like the knob on the outside...
does the knob come off?

thanks for your replies! :)

guys, i think he just wants the knob part of the rheo off.

fnp, you still want to be able to adjust the voltage right?

yes..just the knob part...

but they also had good ideas...which was a way to get the whole rheo on the outside...

that isnt a reo, its a small pot to controll the resistance of the fan to controll the speed, and how many amps that go thru this, i did a little expirament with a paniflow and i made it variable like one of those fans...
i dont know if you can just take the nob off.. i don tknow what the things even look like

its not just wired in the 12v wires, this thing keeps the voltage 12v and raises and loweres the amperage... no you cant use a reglar dimmer.. its not as easy as that, i suggest you just use a rheostat and not try to do this to a fan, youll probably ruin it, when i get it to work correctly on all fans ill make a tutorial..

Back