• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lookin 4 a thread in this forum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rj2

Registered
for the life of me i can`t remember where that thread was in regards to placing your HD on the highpoint raid controller.
not in a raid setup but just using it is a single device,instead of using intels ide controller.thnx to anyone who points me in the right direction

Just put it on the HP controller and you will be fine. You do not have to go into the Highpoint BIOS to change something.

Leave your HDD "cable select".

So there is nothing to worry about: Hook it up and boot!

Merkor

thnx for reply merkor.the reason i am looking for this thread was the fact of better HD performance,with this setup,but using 512mb ram& i was looking to see if it was worthwhile doing with only 256 mb ram.

Had it something to do with the amount of RAM or just with disabling the hptpro.sys cachedriver which should give you a performance boost when using the 2.31 Highpoint driver? It will also give you back the system restore feature.

The new 2.32 driver fixes this problem!

Merkor

Back