• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high fsb = no sound???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

hello fellow shuttle users, i've had my ak31 for probably 6 mos, it's been sitting in an anti static bag for the last 2 months till i could afford to replace the 1700 that i smashed with my maze 2. k, so here's the deal, i always ran the board at 166, never a hitch, now at any increased fsb my sound is gone, just... pooof. any ideas? is this a common problem with this board? anyone have an idea to fix it without springing for a sound card??? any help would be great, i'm back down to stock speed now cuz the chips locked and i can't live without sound. sooooo. pleaaaase help me if you got any ideas. specs are in sig and i'm using win2k pro.
weird, i've never had a single problem out of this board, the sound use to get a little crackly at highest fsb's but never cut out before, now it's every single time.

thank ya thank ya.

highest i ever had my ak31a was 150fsb and i was using my sblaster sound card. i never had any problems.

That actually happenes with many motherboards. Sometimes when you get it so high, the sound chip can't keep up. I think that you can do exactly what Maxvla has done. Get a sound card and that will solve that problem. Stinks, sorry man.

thanx for the replies, i actually found it was a software conflict between a file sharing program and a jukebox player, kept killing the sound, did some cleaning up and everything is good, boards running @ 166 perfectly stable and sounds great even with the crappy onboard sound :)

Back