• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desperate help needed! please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

hey,

i have just built my new pc, everything was ok and i was setting up the BIOS. i got to the CPU FSB frequency and set it to 220mhz because on the processor box it says 266mhz FSB - im a newbie and i thought it was alright, however once i saved and exit the screen went off and i now get 4 red lights on my LED connector!

i am running a KT3 Ultra with an amd xp 2100+

what do i do!?

thanks jonny

hey,

i have just built my new pc, everything was ok and i was setting up the BIOS. i got to the CPU FSB frequency and set it to 220mhz because on the processor box it says 266mhz FSB - im a newbie and i thought it was alright, however once i saved and exit the screen went off and i now get 4 red lights on my LED connector!

what do i do!?

thanks jonny

AHHHHH!!

ur running an amd cpu- by 266fsb it means DUAL which would be 133fsb.. you tried running @ 440! eek thats .. nuts lol

*edit*

oya.. uhm does it still work? if not try clearing cmos.. if it dont boot up.. im gonna go with a burnt cpu :mad:

dude2 said:
hey,

what do i do!?

thanks jonny

1st Pray you didn't kill your CPU.

2nd open up your manual and read about reseting(clear cmos) your BIOS

If that works lets move to step 3
266mhz is actually 133 doubled. So by setting your FSB to 220 you were actually running at 440Mhz (Not stable)

I suggest setting it to 133.

If step 2 doesn't work. Look for RMA'ing your CPU and maybe motherboard.

Tac

edit: My heart goes out to the 2100....

Don't worry, this is easily fixed.

Turn off and unplug the computer and take the case off. Find your motherboard manual and find out where the clear CMOS jumper is, and follow the instructions to clear the CMOS. Then set the computer back up and turn it back on. Problem solved :D

David

EDIT:
A bit of info. The setting in the BIOS should be 100 to 133MHz as this is doubled when working out system FSB. So 100MHz would mean a 200MHz FSB and 133MHz means a 266MHz FSB.

Back