• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra Burn In

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
in one of the front page articles, it's said to run the cpu burn-in about 100 times, and the memory about 50 times.

Do you want your computer to be fast? Sandra burn in isnt anythign special. SETI or Folding will do the same thing for you. Plus it helps others aswell.

steveyboy said:
and run the memory and cpu tests together

no, don't run them together. The whole point is to stress a certain part of your system to see if that part, and that part only is stable. After you see if that part is stable, you move onto another thing and see if that's stable. Also, after that's complete, then you should fold or run seti, as that stresses your cpu and memory together.

So in conclusion, to test a certain part of your computer, such as memory, run the memory sandra burn-in alone, and same goes for cpu after the memory is finished. Then fold or run seti.

I gave it high priority and ran the cpu tests for 250 loops no hiccup. Only took couple hours. Now I am running Prime 95 its been 6 hours no errors....

dxiw said:
I gave it high priority and ran the cpu tests for 250 loops no hiccup. Only took couple hours. Now I am running Prime 95 its been 6 hours no errors....

then it seems you have a stable system. Congrats.

ha thanx..I'm trying to burn it at 139fsb cause 140 is rock soolid stable but it can't get past 20 testsof prime I've been running prime for 12 hours I hope I can get ot burnt in enough to run prime for longer than 5 minutes at 140fsb.

I ran my corsair 2.1 all night, upped it a bit and ran it for a few more hours. Seemed to help.

Back