• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orbs Are Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeedTick?

Registered
Arkansas. No I've never voted for Clinton!
I ordered a blue orb and a silver orb and they came in today. I was undecided on which to get so I got both thinking I could put the extra one on the northbridge. It appears that the silver orb will do a much better job of cooling. Which do I put on my video card?

Hmm, I believe the silver orb is Skt A cooler without holes for pushpins. I don't know how heavy it is, but if you can take off the brackets, I guess you could use thermal adhesive to attach it to the GPU???. But to make things simpler(don't know if it's better) I'd use the blue orb with some thermal paste and the pushpins on the GPU and check for improvements.

Kid P

I think he meant he got a Crystal orb and a Blue Orb....who knows :confused:

In any event If it were me I would use the Crystal Orb on the video card and return the Blue orb and get another Crystal orb for the Northy :beer:

Silver, yeah you're probably right, I mean it makes more sense.

Seedtick, if you are going to use that blue orb, lots of ppl here mention the fact that you have to lap it.

You're right

:eek: Yes, yes, ya'll are right. It was a crystal orb. You know when you are talking to someone and you are thinking one thing but another comes out? That feels kinda bad but it feels even worse when you are typing it out and you preview it before you post it! LOL Oh well.

Mr. SSS has the best ideal. After looking at both side by side it's hard to believe there is only $3.00 difference in the price.

It's suppose to be near 100 degrees here tomorrow. Sounds like a great day to stay inside and lap an orb.

Thanks for your replies.:)

SeedTick?

Back