• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help - orderes AGOIA - got AGOGA - send back or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<Grisu4>

Hi,

I ordered an AGOIA XP1600+ 0220, but today they sent me an

AGOGA 0211
Y800997

So would you go with this, or RMA the CPU for replacement?

Is AGOGA an older stepping that AGOIA and how high will this overclock?

i got a agoga and it hit a lower 1867 for and xp1800 i'd say if u orders a agoia u should get one. their much better i hear.

if they sold you specificly an "AGOIA" then send it back cause they cheated you and gave you the wrong part, right? otherwise dont RMA it cause thats dishonest and it hurts companies and gives them extra work to do. AGOGA's are not very good. AROIA and AGOIA are the best.

Yes, I ordered an AGOIA week 20 or younger, because we I asked time ago this was the stepping they told me they have.

But today this AGOGA arrived.

I will send it back ....

Bah, I shall pay for freight and it's not guarantied that there're now AGOIA/AROIA's in stock ....

So what could I expect of this AGOGA?

well if they guaranteed you an agoia... WTF? where'd you buy from? you definatly need to call and ***** some more! pay frieght my ***! you should just send it back, get refund and then just order from newegg, the 1600+s are 57 bucks now and all they have is agoias pretty much. they run out of stock so fast that all they ever have is new and good CPU's.

if your place doesnt agree to give you an AGOIA free of charge I would say at least try the AGOGA before you go through all the trouble of getting a refund etc.

i got mine to 1867mhz stable but with a heck of alot of vcore and 5 volt moding. 2.16 vcore to be excact. and had to keep temps under 37 degs.

Hm, ... my KHA+ gives me 1.85 volts for max, and I don't wanna toast my cpu because I'm on air ;-).

Got my RMA number now and send it in ...

Demont said:

if your place doesnt agree to give you an AGOIA free of charge I would say at least try the AGOGA before you go through all the trouble of getting a refund etc.

If you use it even though you know it's the wrong part, don't send it back in, that's just as dishonest as trying to RMA a fried chip...if you didn't get what you ordered, send it off, otherwise keep it.

RMA'ed it today and got contact to the store. He said he will look for my stepping next time. Hm - I hope the best for this .....

Meanwhile pices dropped another 5€ for XP1600 to 69€ .....

Thelemac said:

If you use it even though you know it's the wrong part, don't send it back in, that's just as dishonest as trying to RMA a fried chip...if you didn't get what you ordered, send it off, otherwise keep it.

in the situation, i think it is justified and really just not that big of a deal. they gave him the wrong part and its gonna be a chore for him to get the right one. if he has to be a little dishonest to save himself some trouble that he doesnt deserve, oh well, they were dishonest first.

Okay, I had a phone call with them yesterday. They will send me a AGOIA 0209, that's the latest they have.

What can I expect of this?

Air cooling (heatpipe+80mm), cs601 with 4x80mm case fans

Demont said:

in the situation, i think it is justified and really just not that big of a deal. they gave him the wrong part and its gonna be a chore for him to get the right one. if he has to be a little dishonest to save himself some trouble that he doesnt deserve, oh well, they were dishonest first.

Agreed. I would not call it dishonest either... I think it's fair of him to test it out given the circumstances.

<Grisu4> said:
Okay, I had a phone call with them yesterday. They will send me a AGOIA 0209, that's the latest they have.

What can I expect of this?

Air cooling (heatpipe+80mm), cs601 with 4x80mm case fans

you can expect good things. maybe over 1.9 gigs if you are lucky. are you going to unlock the cpu? and what speed is that crucial ram you have?

Just installed the CPU. Got a very low mem bench (sandra), about 1100/1200. 4bank ist active and timings are agressive as before (~2000/2100).

What can this be? An error in the cpu?

It was the video RAM cache which was enabled in BIOS what gave me the bad benches.

I'm rúnning @ 10.5x145 ~1.53 with 1.65volts now. Gives me 2100/2200 in sandra mem bench.

I'm looking forward to unlock it, because I'm afraid of high fsb because there's no 1/5 PCI divider on my KHA+. I wished nforce2 would be in my case ... :p

edit:

10.5x150 @1.65volts, mem @2160/2300

Last edited:
Finally unlocked it.

Highest multi of my board is 12.5 even if I can choose up to 15. Why don't they work? BIOS is 06/12/02 maybe trying a newer one?

The XP needs 1.8Volts for stable 12.5x142 (1775 MHz) and sandra shows about 43-45°

not sure about multis above 12.5. my board wont do them either, im pretty sure its because it needs to be hardcoded onto the chip. i actually mailed soltek about it. their email was pretty cryptic but thats the impression i got. cant you get your fsb higher than 142?? i cant get mine above 138 but im pretty sure its the HDD. got a WD1200JB coming in the mail from newegg though, refurbed. hopefully that will let me get my FSB Freak On. right now i have crappy samsung 30 gig that i got for free. :)

Back