• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Er...is the temp high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wommalong

Hey there all

I want to know if my current temp is to high, my machine is not overclocked... totally standard yet my machine is currently running at Approx 66'c.

I have been told that it aint that high but after looking around i think it is.

How does this H2O cooloing thing work? How much will it cost? and finally how much diffirence does it make?

:eh?:

is it hot in south africa?? is ur room temps quite high?? i cant see how ur 1 ghz t-bird would be runing so hot.
it could be cos of high ambient temps or ur hsf is not seated right.

Yeah, that's really high, dangerously high. There are many articles on watercooling on this forum and also the main site. They'll tell you everything you need to know.

That is really hot man. Looking at your setup I don't think that temp is the diode temp (on-die) but rather the socket temp, which is usually 10-12 C UNDER what the actual cpu temp is.

That said, your temps are borderline dangerous if you ask me.

I would also like to know the ambient temp. If it's like over 100 F, that might start to explain things. I would also suggest checking your HSF to make sure it's seated properly, and with the right amount of thermal compound.

Back