• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what games ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
System shock 2. IMO by far the BEST single player fps. Will only set you back $10 if that. Just crank up the resolution and put on 4xaa and the graphics should be sharp but still a little dated. However the sound, story, environment and gameplay are superior to most poop thats out these days that hypes itself has a great single player fps. coughhalocough

The only drawback is that the gameplay may take you 30-60 minutes to get used to. Read the manual first.

If I were to rank best single player fps...

System shock 2, Deus ex, Theif, Goldeneye, Half Life, Doom

Deus Ex is good..awsome graphics and a great story/conversation. The AI is very good in this game and it will draw you into the character.

I also like Metal of Honor..the tactics in this game are great..but it still carries your shoot-em-up style. The AI is also very good in this game but it doesn't do a very good job of associating you with your character.

I still think Half-Life can carry its own in the fps world. Great story and even pretty good graphics.

If you want to get old-school, you might try Doom II. Has some qualities that you just don't see in games today. Also in the old-school category is Blake Stone. It has a cool story and you play a hard a** character with big guns.

Depends your style dude. If you're looking for an all around good game, I found

Half-Life: imo the best FPS out there, very good story, great gameplay, good AI.

Medal of Honor:AA: second only to HL in my gaming list. Very good AI, good gameplay, tactics are great, and the attention to detail/athenticity is fan-fricken-tastic. So good I'm actually loading it back on my rig this weekend to play it through again.

Soldier of Fortune 2: Great graphics, good AI, good gameplay, but I found the story not totally the greatest. Something about it could have been better. But the gore factor is off the hook!!

Soldier of Fortune 1: ehhh... but it's great to just go in with the cheats and (literally) tear enemies apart.

Serious San (1 or 2): if you're looking for a good old "Shoot, shoot some more, shoot some more, and shoot over there too" type game this is it. Best since Doom 2. No relevant story what so ever, just mindless shooting.

I think that jedi knight 2 outcast is a pretty fun game too. And if you ever get bored u can go online and whoop some people w/ the force. :D

lord_moose said:
Depends your style dude. If you're looking for an all around good game...
Yeah, "all around," and then he goes on to name six FPSs. ;)

Allow me to add my favorite RPGs to the list:
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon Siege

Gargamel

for racing you could checkout nascar 2002 season, F1 2002 or if you don't have it Colin McRae rally 2.0. for a FPS i would suggest Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza or Morrowind (it's a RPG but it's a FPS, weird but sweet) and if you don't have Medal of Honer: Allied Assult then you just got to get that one.

gargamel51 said:
Yeah, "all around," and then he goes on to name six FPSs. ;)

Allow me to add my favorite RPGs to the list:
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon Siege

Gargamel

Forget not the beginning of the thread looking for a good fps/adventure/maybe racing (not nfs), not rpg though . Personally I'm wrapped up in Morrowind right now (after finishing SoF2).

Back