• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mhz pentium 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asj

Ive got this old pentium 120Mhz and I have put a heatsink and Fan from an Athlon up to 1.4Ghz so was wondering what I can get this thing up to if I overclock it. I have it overclocked to 150Mhz and was wondering is it safe to see how far it can go and what do you think it can go to?

As long as you have good cooling, which it sounds like you do, and you don't over volt it, it's safe to push it until it don't boot anymore. First thing is to set the FSB from 60 to 66, that will make 166 MHz. From there you can try 3X66=200, but that might be about the limit, if it'll even do that much.

I agree with Batboy. I found, back in the Pentium I days, that almost all the later production would easily hit 200 MHz no matter what they were labled. If your 120 is not from early production you will probably do finr at 200 MHz.

Back