• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533-V, [email protected], Ti4600 Bad 3Dmark performance!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AgentXTC

Registered
Hello boys and girls!

Nice forum.

I have following setup:

P4B533-V (Newest non-beta BIOS)
P4 2.26GHz 533 (133MHz FSB x 17)
2p Samsung DDR PC3200 (Currently running 4:5= 333MHz)
Gainward GF4 Ultra750XP/Ti4600 128MB

My problem is:

I get the score 7500 in 3DMark 2001SE !!!?!

I thought i would reach at least a score of 10.000 without any O/C with this setup?

I´ve installed in following order:
Win XP PRO
Intel LAN drivers
Nvidia Detonator 30.82
Download the Intel Application Accelerator - Version 2.2
Plain Installation of 3DMark 2001SE (default settings)

Do I really have to install Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility in Windows XP PRO?

I´ve searched everywere on a solution regarding this, but PPL seems to like this mobo so whats my problem?!

PLEASE, any suggestions highly appreciated!

Thank you.

/A

I'd download a program like NVMax and check what everything is set to. Not sure if it's possible but maybe your clock speeds are wayyyyy underclocked.

I know you said 3DMark is on default settings, but make sure it is, because having AA turned on would do the trick.

I get 11,500 on my system below at all stock speeds using 30.82... you should at least be breaking 11k unless you're having a hardware problem.

Hello again!

I tried downloading NVMAx but it didn´t show up in the control panel....

I installed Riva Tuner but it tells the the core is 300MHz and Memory clock speed is 650MHz soo it seems to be right.

But! I also saw that AGP is currently disabled. And i´m running my AGP slot now in PCI7 ??

****.. what will I do!!

:(

regards,
A

First of all....WELCOME TO THE FORUMS....
Now...you HAVE to install Intel .inf and you must uninstall Intel Application Accelarator....and THAT'S IT...!!!...

Hello again!

My problem is solved!

Thanx for all your help! Really nice people in here!

Yihaa!!!

Now I get 11500 in 3Dmarks 2001SE :D

No overclock at all.

Just plain P4 2.26GHz, PC3200 at 333MHz & Ti4600 with detonators 30.82.

The Chipset drivers did the thing.

Very strange that Asus and Intel doesn´t mention that in their FAQ etc... huh.

Intel even says that Win XP Pro is provided with them allready, but I guess they are wrong.

For other people who get low 3Dmark score with Intel 845G motherboards do this:

1.Install Win XP Pro

Download and install:

2.INF Update Utility [INFINST_ENU.EXE] (1332KB) 4.00.1013

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?ProductID=757&DwnldID=4364

3.Intel® Application Accelerator (http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/warning.htm)

4. Nvidia Detonator Drivers, soundcard etc etc.

That will do the thingy!

Regards,
A

Hi AgentXTC

Glad you got your 3D Marks sorted!

I hope to have a simular set up to yours soon, however I see that hipro5 says you must uninstall Intell Application Accelarator & you say Install Application Accelarator, Please who is right???

Acko

when i dl the chipset driver update it installs about 30% then shuts my computer off. what gives?

Maxvla said:
when i dl the chipset driver update it installs about 30% then shuts my computer off. what gives?

The INF update is basically a set of core system drivers. As such, it is recommended to be installed before about everything else. Installing other drivers and apps first will lead them to hook into the core system, which is then not yet updated. Some drivers may replace parts of the original files too. All this leads to instability and/or problems when you're trying to install them at a later point.

Yup.... Intel Chipset Drivers is the key. I have the same experience before, and the chipset driver rescued me.

AgentXTC, IF you REALLY want to MAX it, go here: http://guru3d.com/files/ and get NVIDIA BIOS Editor to edit VGA MHz setting. Try 10% increase in GPU and 20% increase in Memory as DEFAULT. You could go higher MHz by soldering some resistors on Voltage Controller IC, go here :
http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/

And you NEED to have BIOS flasher for GF4 Ti4600, go here : http://www.abit-usa.com/download_search_processb3a1.html?pTYPE=Bios . (You ignore Abit's *.ROM files, and replace with your original VGA BIOS). Make some copies of your own (under real DOS Mode) like this: C:\ NVFLASH.EXE /B TEST.ROM . You make several copies TEST1.ROM, TEST2.ROM, etc. Just in case Sh** happens.

After that, Run Nvidia Bios Editor and change values. READ the help files. And you flash it back again:
C:\ NVFLASH.EXE /F TEST.ROM
Voila!!! a Mad Max VGA card!!

(The above procedures should be for expert or the bravest only. It may make your VGA unworkable if you set the MHz too high. READ Nvidia Bios Editor Help Files).

Back