• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT400 newbies soon to feel the pain of KT333's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

Yeah you all remember back in the day when the KT333 boards were hot off the press and all us kt133 owners were clawing to get our grubby hands on the boards only to find a limited number of DIMMs actually worked with our boards. I bought some expensive/high quality Corsair 2700 RAM with my MSI KT3 board early in the game only to find out that 333 RAM wasn't made for 333 boards...

according to THIS

hop on the kt400 wagon and you'll be having the same problems. Just a warning you all you ambitious people, if your wonderful "kt400" ram doesn't work, thats why.

I wasted nearly 8 hrs troubleshooting my brand-new machine trying to get winxp to install and computer to boot at advertised RAM performance (333MHz, CAS 2, 2700 rating)... BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

WHERE ARE THOSE DAMN NFORCE2 BOARDS!!!!!

yeah nvidia knows how to handle the memory much better than the competiton. I just dont like all of the extras in the nforce2, like the geforce 4 chip and the sound, id prefer bare the lesser cheaper chipset.

but of course i want usb 2.0 and similar just not the integrated video and sound.

do they make a cheaper version?

see I'm looking forward to the built-in gf4. If the mobo w/built in gf4 stays below $150 then its a damn good deal considering the lan, sound, etc goodies... I'm looking to build a cheap yet powerful gaming machine and this looks like a nice solution...

yeah if your looking to buy a cheap lesser performance computer then all of the extras are good. but id rather not pay for the extra lesser hardware when i have superior graphics and sound. Not to mention having the extra hardware in there to cause conflicts.

I think nvidia is just trying to use their low performance dud mx.

a geforce 4 mx 460 is the same price as the ti 4200 or close. the ti 4200 stomps the mx in perfoemance

Back