• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS K7S5A problem, no boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natkroll

My friend bought a new case and i helped him transfer it over. When we tried to start it, it ran for a few seconds and then shut off. THen we checked out the ECS website and some guy said that it could be that the solder points around the screws were contacting with other metal and to put electrical tape in between. I did that and it still did the same. Then I took the mobo out and tried with only the mobo, RAM, proc, and one hd. This time it turned on and just ran, didn't shut off but it didn't startup either. I tried reseting the CMOS and that didn't work either.

What is the problem?

Thanks for your help!

sounds like to me its in the wiring around the bottom of the motherboard. just a idea but thats where i would look

Look for burnt/discolored areas around the mounting holes. If you find any it's most likely dead. If not start over from the beginning. Test everything 1 piece at a time. Keep a close eye on the vid card and memory as those are the ones that cause most boot problems if not inserted correctly. Take the time to make a list of things to do and in what order and check em off as you build. It helps me.

Thanks

Thanks for all of you rhelp. I sent the motherboard back to mwave a few days ago for a replacement. No worries I hope.

What is the best way to put a motherboard in a case without hurting it like I did before?

Can I use a magnetic screw driver? etc?

thanks again

I wouldnt use a magnetic screw driver because i am a worry freak... but i would check the PSU, ECS board are very picky.

Back