• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked my 1800+ AGOGA Y.....Partially.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

Well, I finally just grabbed the bull by the horns and grow a pair to unlock this processor. I did the old super glue and defogger paint method. Almost got all the multipiers.................Almost........

Heres the list of multipiers and their results...

12 = 12
11.5= CRASH
11=11
10.5=CRASH
10=CRASH
9.5=CRASH
9=7
8.5=8
8=8
7.5=7
7=7

Well....Kind of sucks a lot but hey with it set to 8 I got a 172 FSB stable. Still running around 1400 Mhz.......Kind of irritated about that though...... Any body seen this before and What can I do???? Should I give it a day or two before pulling it and trying again?
Here's a Sandra Memory bandwidth pic..
Mempic.jpg

thanks again

{EDIT} I set my Multiplier to 12x142FSB and got to XP2000 rating with stability. So I guess it isn't bad but would be nice to get back to 172 FSB....:cry:

Last edited:
Unlocking

I'd say do it again, even if it is a big PITA.

You most likely have one or more bad connections. What seems plasuible to me is that some supergule got on one or more of the "dots" and is preventing a good connection. The pits are probably filled just fine, so remove the defogger paint, scrape the "dots" with the tip of a pin to clear them off, and try it again. 8.5-10 are the best multiplyers for a kt333 board, depending on just how good your memory is. If 172 is the best FSB you can get on such a low multiplyer, then 10, maybe 10.5 if you're lucky, or even 11 if its a godly cpu, will be the multiplyers you really want.

Best I got was 177 FSB. A little unstable...little but WOW. Also found out that I was running PC2700 RAM........Swear I ordered PC2100. But guess I am just a little forgetful...What a nice suprise. But yea I probably will wait until monday when I get my 1600+ from newegg in to pull the CPU again. What is the best way to apply that defogger paint without it leading to a heart attack. That was the hardest thing to do yesterday...LOL. Scotch tape really helped but still...

unlocking

I start at bridge 1, at the corner of the cpu and work across. I use tape to mask off the bridges I haven't done yet (sometimes, hardly bother using tape anymore), and a razor blade to mask the ones I've already done. I apply the paint with a safety-pin and try to shake it up and close the lid of the vial between doing each bridge, which requires a bit of juggling. I usually apply too much paint, and if it conects with an adjacent bridge or goes too high or too low, I wait a few seconds for it to dry and then sculpt it with the safety-pin.

other things:

I use a static wrist strap.
I check the bridges with a 5x magnfying glass when I'm done.
I triple scrape each "dot" before I begin.

Cool thanks for the tip. I tried using little pieces of tape that fill the gaps between the bridges. Worked good just....didn't scrap the damn contacts three times............LOL Guess ya have to learn sometime right...thanks again I'll try those tips well....tommorrow...maybe later today who knows.

i dont use scotch tap or defogger paint i use this stuff called nickle print ( its made to repair borken curcuits perfect ) and i use a little pin dab a tiny amount on then just paint the lines i dont even use a madnifying glass :)

I guess i have god precision and good eyes :) i even did it with a little bit of light i nthe room im good at this :)

I bought one of the unlocking kits from highspeedpc with the grease. It is sooooooooo much easier then glue/defogger i couldnt believe it. I also bought a kwel little magnifier from radio shack a couple yrs ago and it is great for this. It has a lighted 30x microscope and a 8x magnifier. Catalog #63-851 if you are interested. With the 30x there is no doubt if you have a clean bridge. It also helps these eyes of mine that are starting to get old.

Back