• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's see.... What's new here?... Hmmm......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
OK. You got me. Not much is new. We are #8 in the world. Oh WAIT! I see something good! We are up with 39 active folders in the summer! WOOT! Thank you to whomever you all are.

Catching my breathe here. We are #8 in the world. We are chasing NVIDIA, Hardware.no and EVGA. We are being chased by EPFL. EPFL is poised to pass us in about 2 months. It's like deja vu all over again. (Yogi Berra) It also feels a lot like the movie Groudhog Day. Note: It's a good watch if you like a light comedy. There's no shame in our position, just a bit stale is all. Nothing wrong with that either.

@HayesK _ALL is #33 in the world.
@WhitehawkEQ is #35.
@torin3 is #74. Are you coming back?
HayesK_GRC is #80.
@Holdolin is #92

If you wish to see where you are in the world, I'm using this list. For example, I'm #250 and moving up? Not very quickly as I had to slow my production but I'm still alive and kickin'. WOOT! (For being alive and kickin'.) :cheers: Cheers to all who are alive and kickin'. Be careful who or what you kick though please.

As a team, we are up two active folders to 39. I like seeing the number rise. That's good. We have an average ppd of 7.56 million for those 39 active folders. Again, this number is less important. Higher is better but if you come in with a number lower than the average, we'll take it! We want participation more than anything else. This is like youth soccer. Everyone gets a participation trophy. Come on now. I hear you groaning over that. Just pick a machine and start folding. Some is good. More is better. Sometimes "good" is good enough. Don't read too much into it. Especially since I don't write much.

Top 15 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning 122 million ppd or more.

Where are you on this list? Where would you like to be on this list? Think: This winter, when I can use the heat in my house, how much can I fold? Just a thought.

For fun, I look at my current production and see that I'm still working on passing the original HayesK and Machaholic. It will take me years to pass some of our zero point earners. They really did a lot. I have a few people trying to pass me on the team. @Farwalker2u and @harlam357 I see you. When the heat of summer passes and the coolness of fall enters, I'll ramp up. You may too but it will be this fall that we see how this goes. I'm #12 on the team and I aim to improve that. :comp: In good fun of course. I would trash talk but every time I do, the people I trash end up showing me what's what. It never goes well for me. ;)

This week we have jazztrumpet216 earning 5 million. Great job. Happy to have you on board and folding with us. Thank you jazztrumpet216. (I'd tag your name but I don't know what your forum user name is.) :)

That's all I can think of for now. Stay cool. Stay out of harm's way and fold on.

Storms rolled through last night around 6. Lost power until about 10am but internet didn't come up till an hour ago. No major tree loss or damage on my property thankfully.

It was nice to be able to let the AC get ahead of the computers for once, I like to think it appreciates the breather. Back up to 100% production as of now.

I appreciate all of you who contribute what you can through the dog days, and you, Don, for putting so much effort into these great reports!
Fold on, everyone!

As of right now, I am 449 in the world of Folding.
Came back to folding with way less than a billion and at 76 on the team (now at 17), and now have over 5.5 billion.
Number three as a producer on team 32!

The number of active folders on our team baffles me, seems to range between 40 to 55 throughout the years (life happens and interests wax and wane).
If you want a historical perspective back a few years ago a 970 ground out WUs for about (IIRC) less than 200k per day (dependin upon the WU).

Back in 2014 I wrote "GTX 970? Core 17 WUs return about 275,000 PPD, core 15 WUs return about 75,000 PPD."

It is a good night when I can sleep for eight hours and not have to get up and go to the john in the middle of the night (old body failure).

Several issues. The server I have running 3 cards in the garage keeps trying to update windows and when it does, it becomes unbootable, and I have to do a repair install. I just didn't have the energy until I was able to get the AC installed in my garage. The house computer suddenly started having a video card crash when folding started, so I had to disable it on boot. So I'm going to have to troubleshoot to see which card is having the actual problem.

And I'm on vacation until 8/13, so nothing before then.

Several issues. The server I have running 3 cards in the garage keeps trying to update windows and when it does, it becomes unbootable, and I have to do a repair install. I just didn't have the energy until I was able to get the AC installed in my garage. The house computer suddenly started having a video card crash when folding started, so I had to disable it on boot. So I'm going to have to troubleshoot to see which card is having the actual problem.

And I'm on vacation until 8/13, so nothing before then.
Glad you checked in T :cool: (y)

Back