• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are the specs on this monitor good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitemetalx

CRT: 19" diagonal (18" viewable), 0.26mm screen pitch, 90 degrees deflection, high contrast anti-glare and anti-static coat
Resolution: 1600x1200 at 75-Hz
Display colors: Unlimited
Scanning frequency: Horizontal: 31 to 95-kHz
Vertical: 50 to 160-Hz

how about this. hahaha checkout that maxres. and thats max SUPPORTED it'll go even higher with powerstrip lol

Samsung Sync Master 959NF specifications:
Size: 19 "
Viewable size: 18 "
Max resolution: 1920 x 1440 @ 73Hz
Recommended resolution: Unknown
Dot pitch: 0.24 mm
USB Hub: Unknown
Built in speakers: No
Dimensions (WxHxD): 493 x 468 x 458 mm
Input connector: ?
Weight: ? kg
Manufacturer part code: AQ19NSCU

to answer the original question, yeah that monitor is pretty good. If I was buying a monitor I would want it to be able to do 1600x1200 at 75hz (which that one does) and I would want 0.24mm dot pitch. The dot pitch is the space between the pixels on the monitor, so the lower the number the better the picture but 0.26mm isnt bad.

It's not bad but there are some that are quite better. what's the price? what's the ref rate@1280x1024(this is smg like recommended res for 19")

DS-Master said:
Not for only $579 Canadian, I doubt any monitor could even come close in quality. To date, this is the best 19" monitor ever made!

DS-Master

not so, my p95F+ would whip it into shape :D the colour on this monitor is amazing!

the only difference between the 2 monitors is that my p95f+ has a bandwidth of 285MHz while the p90F has a bandwidth of 265MHz. Also the dot pitch is slightly different.

Last edited:
Not for only $579 Canadian, I doubt any monitor could even come close in quality. To date, this is the best 19" monitor ever made!

FLATRON™
Viewable Screen Size: 18"
USB (Universal Serial Bus) Hub
Display Data Channel/Command Interface (DDC/CI)
Double Dynamic Focus System (DDFS)
Pixel
W-ARAS Coating
Vertical Frequency: 50-200Hz
Horizontal Frequency: 30-107KHz
Flat Tension Mask
Dot Pitch: 0.24mm
Pixel Frequency: 235MHz

$461 Canadian

Back