• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Dump Message Every so Often? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

Ok just intalled my new kt333 motherboard with all my other hardware that i know worked fine with my old msi board. But Now every so often my computer will blitz and give me the dump message???! what the hell is wrong with it? Also i seem not to be able to use any of my usb components any one know anything about this? THank you very much :)

I suggest setting your bios up as per the sticky here . Your problem can be caused by any one of a number of different things. What are your;
load temps;
5V readings under load;
rating of PSU;
make of RAM and;
RAM timings?

Hey lazlo

i just built a comp also using the MSI-KT3-ULTRA2 and I'm getting the BSOD

Did you load the USB drivers from the CD that came with the board ?
I think maybe I should have never loaded up the VIA drivers I think they were older then the MB drivers.
I might just reformat and reload xp

Thanks for the nice plug Tiger :D I should have a BIOS settings Guide up for the Ultra2 boards by next weekend as well.

I also want to say that you guys have an awesome forum here to.

Im proud to be a new member of Overclockers.com :D

To the person having USB problems..l.if its with the USB 2.0 ports please make sur eyou DONT EVER load or use the MSI provided drivers - espeically with WIndows XP... what you want to do from a clean isntall is use the USB drivers provided by WIndows Udpate. thats the onlyw ay to be certain you are getting the associated OS patch and not jsut plain drivers

Anywho. Just thoguth Id stop in to say Hi! Im looking forward to getting to know everyone. Seems theres some awesome super smart and really friendly people at Overclockers.com Gootta luv it ! :D

XgladiatorX said:
Hey lazlo

i just built a comp also using the MSI-KT3-ULTRA2 and I'm getting the BSOD

Did you load the USB drivers from the CD that came with the board ?
I think maybe I should have never loaded up the VIA drivers I think they were older then the MB drivers.
I might just reformat and reload xp

That depends on your OS. My rule of thumb for the MSI KT333 mobos is this

Windows 98 - laod v 4.32 or v4.35

Windows 2000 load v4.38

Windows XP - load none or load v4.38

Later versions of 4 in 1 drivers can have stabiltiy issues for soem hardware setups. That is to say, later versions will work for soem peopel but not everyone

well I just did a new install of Xp and I did not install the Via drivers from the Cd that came with the MB,
The only thing I used was the USB2.0 driver and the audio driver

at least now I'm not getting the BSOD

I'm not so sure it's the MB it maybe xp fault.
Because I plugged in my old HD with win95 on it and it booted up fine with no BSOD.
xp is so finicky

You re correct. At current XP does not support USB 2.0

This is why you want to use the USB 2.0 drivers from WIndows Update. WHen you do that the OS patch is also isntalled behind the scenes

Once you install the MSI USB drivers you will not be able to get the WIndows Update drivers :(

In such a case it might be prudent to roll back XP to before the time you loaded the MSI USB drivers, then go to WIndwos Update and use that version

Good luck

To fix the dump message i went into the bios and instead of enabling auto agp i set it to 4X. To fix the usb problem instead of selecting no ports i selected six. Thanks you so much guys these really are good forums:)

Back