• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Defoger Paint Question, Need quick responce!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Ok im doing my method of unlocking an Xp which is using highspeedpc.com's gap filler to fill the pits and defogger paint to conect the bridges. But my question is, After I put the defogger paint across the first bridge, how long do I have to wait b4 I can tape it up so I can make a mask for the second? And should I leave that tape on? I mean wont liftin gup the tape remove the defogger paint?

I have no idea but after you finish a bridge hold the xp under a 40w light bulb or hair dryed bith will help dry your defogger resin but with the hair dryer you need a oven mitten or you will burn your finger and drop an xp. You could always just stop using tape and free hand the bridges I find that to be a lot faster and you actually have better luck since you dont have to worry about lifting the defogger while cleaning up.

hhmm thanks for the tips.. what Im doing now is taping over but only pushing down with a pin between the bridges then fillings and removing the tape.. and it seems to be workin.

you dont have to be so careful,it doesnt dry like iron.i used white goop to fill the pits and painted the bridges with the defogger stuff and dont worry if they touch,let it dry a few minutes.now take a pin and scrape between the bridges,the stuff flakes very easy and you can make 5 neat little lines,then stick a piece of scotch tape over the lines and pull it off,this will pick up all the loose pieces

Back