• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG PROBLEM with slot a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ib69nu

i was taking the case off my 950 mhz athlon slot a classic and i accidentally knocked a couple capacitors and one resistor off the chip. i have a 500 classic slot a, and it also has the exact same numbered capacitors and resistor in the exact same spot and placement. wondering if i could just switch them (hopefully) if not that is $100 down the tubes. or if i cannot do that is there anyplace that i could get it repaired?
thanks

I would suggest giving it a go as you have nothing to lose. you never know... it may turn out to be superchip if they are not exactly the same and you can come on here and tell us that you scored 40000MHZ!

(this comment is in relation to the bloke who clamed that by knocking off a couple of resistors from his coppermine 500 it unlocked the multiplier... I wish. :)

Well good luck if you are going to try that!!! The slotA chips were all very similar from what I can gather. With the 600MHz - 1gig being the same core. So it might work, If it doesn't then you'll have to do what I did.....Build
good luck

Back