• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else up for a woodie?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hahaha 4000 dollar monitor... lolness. it wouldn't very that much to make a wooden box yourself... hrrrrm possible mod ideas shooting around in my brain... :)

[edit] i could almost see making a mouse too, that would be pretty simple, lots of sanding and carving though.

wow that mouse looks SWEET maybe 'ill make one for myself =) would u just switch a logitech case or sometin =P?

haha rather than spend 4000 bucks on the monitor i'll just get some wood lying around and super glue them to the outside of my monitor. wooden monitor complete! wouldn't the wooden keyboard wear away rather quickly though? that's quite spiffy though.

As an alternative, you could have someone like myself paint the monitor etc, heres a stair I recently 'wood grained", all done with paint:

Don't wanna give away nan0's secrets but a method I know of doing that is to paint a base woody beige colour then mix a dark stain with something gloopy like PVA glue (white glue) and gloop some on, then while it's still wet, get something like a credit card and nick the edge in a few places, and scrape most of it off, leaving woodgrain lines, of course you need to wiggle it around a bit and try and make realistic lines. Then to finish you can get a brush and very lightly load it with the dark stuff, (dip and get most of it off) and dry brush some extra grain and knots etc. Works good with a coarse brush. Toothbrush or similar works good too.

Road Warrior

the trick i found is to use a 'badger hair' brush to soften the graining lines, but there are admittedly many methods, whatever works i guess;)

Given this subject...I have decided to replace the factory plastic Lian Li faceplate top & bottom, and the plastic surrounding the power/reset buttons.

Anyone else done something like this??? So far, using a table saw & some files it has taken me the better part of the day to cut both the top & bottom (USB ports will be tricky) and to fit & finish the top one...

Back