• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange behavior while booting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope, just right into the usb 3.0 ports on the rear io. The mouse is plugged into the mouse pad... does that count as a hub?

Have you tried different ports? I noticed that the two nearest the reset switch gave me issues dropping the KB in Windows and moved them over toward the LAN, that seemed to solve it for me

i can try. pretty sure they're all (KB, KB port, mousepad, usb from monitor) plugged into the ports labeled 3. In all honesty, i can ditch the kb port and monitor usb. I've never used them once. you think i should move the KB and mousepad to ports labeled 8 or 5? also, do you think i should remove the mouse from the mousepad and plug it into the mobo directly?

rear io.png

I notice you carefully use the word "issue" instead of "problem". I think you suspect there may NOT be a problem and I think you are right.

Johan45 said:
After watching the video that really didn't seem all that bad
I agree. What I see is the hardware going through "normal" handshaking as it switches from native BIOS to native Windows to various specific Windows drivers.

(My bold underline added below)
bww7944 said:
the computer doesn't seem to mind. Performance is phenomenal.
Plus, you went from off to fully booted in 52 seconds, even with all this handshaking and loading native BIOS USB, native Windows USB, USB 3.x, and then special HID (human interface device - RGB keyboard and mouse) Windows drivers.

"If it ain't broke, don't %^&* with it!"

Back