• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get CC blacklight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

I bought a supposedly UV CC from this store in TX, and when I got it it sure looks white to me:confused: I emailed the store and they say that that is an acctual UV light, but it soesn't really glow anything in my case:mad: I want a couple of blacklights!!! Where would be a good place to get blacklight CC's from? I just put the UV dye in my comp water and it sure doesn't glow like it is supposed to, kinda looks creamy green:eek:

Dude the reason it dosent make anything in that case glow is becasue nothing in a comp is UV reflective! you need some UV paint. test it ith a sock in a dark room or a white t-shirt jsut in case tho.

what color is the CC when its turned off?
What color when its on?

If something in the range of purple isn't the answer to both questions then you don't have a black/UV CC

As for the creamy green.. compare it to the pics in water cooling... they have green water also.. if its the same then it may be a UV

I have come to the conclusion that it is not a blacklight, it is white on or off. I Knew this allready, but I wanted to be sure there wasn't a separate UV CC that was white. This is my first CC, but me being an electrician, I have installed a few Flourecent blacklights(there all purple)

Edit: I have just emailed the maker of this so called UV light to see if that is what THEY are calling it or if the guy I bought it off of is trying to pull a fast one on me. I will keep you posted so noone else gets rooked.

Last edited:
A really good place that would be a nice spot to shop at since they do sponsor overclockers would be www.kdcomputers.com

They may charge a bit more but I know that some of that money I spend comes back to the site I love. Better piece of mind for me.

J :cool: Just something to think about next time you order something up.

xbiker321 said:
blah, you ordered the white color...not the black (uv) light. Sorry

I didn't order it, that's what they sent when I ordered the UV one.
I am presently in a game of Email tag with the manufacture and the company I bought it from to get this straightened out. Obviously, I am ticked off and WILL be getting to the bottom of this.

Umm, you are able to see if it's a UV light or not without dye or cables... most PCI cards have little white stickers on them which should glow, along with different things on the mobo which should also glow.

Back