• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory OverClocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clonos

Hello All. I am a new user of this forum from Greece.

I find this forum very usefull. Thank you all guys for the information you are giving here

I want to do the following ... Please advice

I have an AMD 1800+ on a Gigabyte GA-7VRX M/B. As I know it runs @ 1530MHz.
Memory is 256MB@333MHz (DDR).

The multiplier setting is 11.5 (auto) with the FSB @ 133MHz produces the 1530MHz of the CPU speed.

So the memory runs @ 266 (DDR).

Please advice if the following is correct:

I will attempt to unlock the CPU so i can lower the multiplier to 9.5 and increase the FSB to 166MHz.

Is this going to result the CPU @ 1577MHz and the RAM's speed to 333 (DDR) ?

Is this going to work normaly or will I have any kind of problems with my system? :eh?:

Thank you

Yes you are correct. It should work ok I would run the fsb to 166 in smaller steps starting at 150. If your board only has a 1/4 pci divider your hard drives or other pci devices might not like 166 but might be just fine.

You have the right idea- but as above, I suggest taking smaller steps: 140, 145, 150 etc first.

I haven't had any problems on my KT266a boards until after 175mhz, but your may have different results.

Try small steps first, and if you do hit a problem THEN try to kick in the 1/5 divider (does that board have 1/5?)

Back