• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bah! Racing = hard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

venom9007

Does anyone have any tips on racing? I'm playing Mafia right now and I'm at this one part where you gotta race against these other people in a racetrack. It's 5 laps and HARD !!!!!! Should I use the handbrake on turns? How would that work? I keep spinning out whenever I use it. Accelerate while using it or just brake? I have no experience in racing games so any help would be appreciated. Thanks ! And btw, mafia is a great game ! :D

the race car doesn't have a hand brake, it's handling just really sucks.

the only advice i can give is
1) don't try to win on the first lap, they are faster through the turns but once your on a straight away you'll leave them.
2) use a controller with analog steering if you have one. if not then try adjusting the steering properties in the options. try different settings until your able to drive better.
and 3) when going through the S turn (also known as a chicane) try to go as straight as possible, the AI slows down alot for it but it's possible to go through it with even letting off the gas if you hit it right.

your last option is to either wait for the patch to come out (i heard they are removing the race) or download a save file that's after the race.

keep at it, you'll eventually win.

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know the racing cars didn't have handbreaks. i feel pretty stupid pushing spacebar all that time now... :p I really wanna beat the game on my own, so I'll probably go w/ what you said and just keep trying!

haven't played the game.... but racing in general is all about the line...

it's not the shortest distance that matters... but the straightest distance, i.e. fastest...

so take all the turns as wide as possible.. cut to the inside just as u round it and the exit to the outside....

Back