• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good score???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vaportrail

Registered
I'm running an AMD Athlon Tbird 1 gig fsb @ 105 which equates to an oc'd chip of 1050 and 512 of pc 133 sdram on an Asus A7V with a Volcano 9 and temps at 42c. My vid is an MSI Gforce 4 TI 4200 stock. If I'm correct in remembering, the memory is now at 150 instead of 133 because of the fsb oc. I ran the 3Dmark2001 without AA and have scores of 6543 and with AA on at 2 samples, runs at 5525. Are these good scores??? Any suggestions for me to improve my score, or just make my system a little faster? I also have a WD 40gig @ 7200 running on the Promise ATA controller. Is this pretty much expected with my currnet config? BTW: My os is Win XP Pro with the SP1 update.
Thanks for all the info and help.

For your system, that isn't a bad score. Generally, we just look for the default benchmark which means you leave the settings as is (no AA).

What drivers are you using? I recommend the 40.41 for high benchmark scores.
Try defragmenting your harddrive often and also run 3dmark more than once. In some cases, there is a 100 or more mark increase when you run it a few times in a row.
Turn off all background tasks when benchmarking to increase performance from your cpu and ram.

Back