• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replaceing my Gainward TI4200 (64mb 3.5ns)..Any suggetions ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

Replacing my Gainward TI4200 (64mb 3.5ns)..Any suggestions ?

I'm returning my Gainward TI4200 (64mb 3.5ns) for the second time because of the PSOD (pink screen of death). I decided to go with the 128mb card but im not sure if I should give Gainward another shot with there newer Ti 4200 Power Pack Golden Sample (128MB 4ns) or if there is a better OC'er out there.. Anyone have this card if so how well does it OC?

Last edited:
From what I have read(which is ALOT!hehe:D), the nVidia graphics cards to get are Gainward, PNY, Leadtek, eVGA or MSI.

I'm just worried the about the PSOD and weather or not it carries over to the golden sample cards.. no one seems to know for sure what is causing this..they say it could be a heat issue but then why are these particular cards getting so hot the heatsink fan setup should be sufficient enough and as far as the ram goes the majority of the TI4200's don't have ramsinks..I duno I'm ordering today so more input would be appreciated....

I just RMAd my Gainward 3.3ns Golden Sample. Should have my MSI GF4 Ti4200 64mb vid card on Wed.

I also kept on getting those dumb pink artifacts even at a very slight o/c.

Well I just got my Gainward TI4200 128mb 4ns golden sample ..Mind you I could only get my memory to 565 with no artifacts in ArtifactTester2 with my 64mb 3.5ns card and I only get 3 artifacts @ 590 with the golden sample!! That's not to far behind a TI4600..To be fair I will say as the memory heats up it starts to dislike these speeds. With my copper ramsinks in place I think I could keep it at 590..But all in all I'm pretty impressed :) ...

What kinda Power Supply do you have? Maybe your PS isn't strong enough to handle your video card and your cpu and all your devices. It would be said to blame it on the card when it's NOT the cards fault.
Rob

Back