• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Overclock my 2100+ on dragon lite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OrionXP

I just bought a AMD XP 2100+ and a Soyo Dragon Lite and i was trying to use the bios ability to overclock but for some reason it would not start up after i changed the settings. i even flashed the bios to the most recent and still nothing. im desperately wanting more speed can anyone help me out.:mad:

what were you trying to change? AMD AthlonXP 2100+ and down are factory locked, so you can't change multipliers until you unlock the chip, all you can use is the FSB try to change it from 133 to 134 or 135 at first and see what happens. also what are your temps, and what is your RAM & heatsink?

with my processor at full load it was at abot 106 F with the fan on high... its variable speed. the volvano 7+ i have 256mb of samsung pc2700. i'll try that 1 mhz later on thanks.. i'll see how that goes.

I have the Dragon Lite also, but my processor is only Xp 1600+. Just put it together less than a week now, so I haven't had the time to unlock the chip. But as it is you should adjust the FSB frequency first. I've gone up to 152Mhz and I'm rock solid with idle temps at 44C (but my room is sunny and warm). I'll try out 166Mhz FSB later on. But at least it's nice to boot up and see ATHLON XP 1900. hehe.

i sucessfully got the fsb up to 146 but then windows 2k wouldn't start up.. i think its cause i have a pci video card.. geforce2mx... thats my next upgrade... but so i just left it at 140 and its runnin good as a 2200+ at 44c full load. so i guess its doing good.. next project... unlock the processor. then i can get my 2ghz peace

ok i tried to unlock it but i don't think it worked. i used white out to fill in the gaps and artic silver 2 to connect the leads. is there something better that i might have around the house. i was thinging solder(sp) but that would be too big. if anyone else has some insight on why i can't change the multiplier please answer. im stuck at 1.888ghz :mad: so help quick. thanks

AthlonXP 2100+ requiers unlocking the L1s and another procedure, check it out in the XP 2200+ unlocking update thread, you have to connect the AJ27 pin to ground AFAIK, (but I might be mistaking so check it out) so you can unlock the x5 to x12.5 multies.
Also AS isn't good for unlocking, something you can try would be a conductive ink pen or a rear window deffoger repair kit. something conductive. solder might be good, but if you can't make that thin lines, you shouldn't try it, cause you can kill the chip if u cross connect something.

i wanted to know if there was a way to unlock the higher multipliers... just humor me guys. i don't really care too much about memory bandwidth i just want sheer computing speed. i encode movies. thanks

Back