• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 8500 & ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

I plan on getting a radeon 8500 soon and just finished my GPU waterblock ... I am tossing the idea on watercooling the ram in my head (i know i want to do the volt mod) . My question is what gains on the rams speed will i see if i watercool them aswell , right now i got some big fkn aluminum sinks i was gonna use , and i know looking from some benching graphs that OCing the ram higher improves performance better then OCing the GPU higher ... so what should i think ?

Cooling the ram deffinately gives more performance in the way of O/Cing. I gained 10mhz by adding ram sinks to my 8500. I have not yet done the volt mod, but will be attempting it soon. The only reasion I did not W/C my ram was the complexity and the amount of piping work involved, I just didn't want to look at the mess. But, you will acheave a higher O/C for longer if you W/C.

Ya i was looking at bladerunner's setup , it looks too pretty to go into my computer ! I was thinking more along the lines of .....

6.jpg

... if i were to WC the ram

Back