• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inverter Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jadams

I know by themselves Inverters for neons and CCs don't create alot of heat, but if you put 4 together in a box, would I need a small fan or two?

I am looking at making a fanbus/light switch out of an old gutted CD drive. Would I need a fan in the front and one out the back?

Also, in the back of the unit I will have molexes for connecting the fans, I was thinking of going with 3pin. Is this a good idea, or should I stick with 4pin molexes?

Thanks,
Jeff.

I would think that if one made little or no heat, then 4 would make little to no heat. Just pop a few speed holes in the top of the box for any heat to escape out of. I doubt you would need a fan for that.

As for the connectors, I would go with a mixing of ends. Go primaraly (sp) with 4 pin molex, and maybe 2 or 3, 3 pins.. It all depends on what you are adding into your system. Try to plan for future expansion. Maybe leave a few empty blocks in the bay empty that, at a later date, you can fill with whatever type of plug you need??

Just my suggestions and thoughts

i am making a bus out of an old cd drive too. but i took the top cover and everything off cause thats how i am. but its an 8 switch.

will control
1 pump
2 pelt chiller
3 light
4-7 fans.
8 not yet decided.

Back