• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good surround card, pro recording?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blindside

Registered
I don't suppose anyone out there has any experience with a PROFESSIONAL (read: not creative) sound card that is designed for pro recording? Midi and XLR inputs would be nice. Also, if I play DVDs (PowerDVD) with an SB Live Platinum 5.1 and Klipsch 4.1s, will it simulate Dolby surround with AC3? I want to have bullets whizzing by my head! Thanks guys, you rock.

The B-Side to the world's A-side

Well I can only speak on experience with PowerDVD. Depending on which package you get from Cyberlink, the program itself will decode the Dolby Digital track and output the stream to a multi-channel sound card. So long as you have a 4 or 6 channel (5.1) sound card, PowerDVD will do the rest.

But since it seems you want/desire professional quality sound, your probably better off just getting a Pro sound card and using its digital/optical output, since many these days have them anyway.

Besides, getting a Creative sound card to co-exist happily with another sound card could be troublesome. Since you want a Pro card, just use the Pro card.:beer:

Back