• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60mm to 120mm Fan Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccb056

I am looking for a way to quiet my pc w/o spending alot of money on H2O cooling, so i decided to put a 120mm fan on my Volcano6Cu+ HS, problem is i can only find 60mm to 92mm adapters, got any suggestions?

Y now spend the money on a HS that dosent suck... wait what processor do you have? What temps do you have now? I would get a CHEAP volcano 7 and a sunon fan for budget :) Or for $30 you can get a AX7 and a sunon fan and it should be pretty silent....
Back the the adapters~ because 120mm fans move so much air~ a 60mm adapter runins the flow~ creats a HUGE packpressure

I a running a 1.33GHz TBird, 52c Idle, MBM5, Shuttle AK31a mobo.

Wow..... those are some pretty bad temps there... i would get a new hs if you can..... or atleast remove the TIM (pad) on the bottom of the 6cu and put some AS2-3 on there~

My house temp is 25c (78f) and right now i am using radio shack thermal grease, but i will be "upgrading" to AS3 in december. Do you know of any places online where i can buy a 60 to 120mm adapter?

Because i am getting alot of hardware then and dont want to pay shipping twice.

Where did you find the 60-92mm adapter?
You have more chance of this working than the 120.Why dont you install the 120 in the side of the case and duct i down to the 60 if you leave it lose on the heatsink ie 3mm all round the air will flow enough to seriously reduce your temps and noise.
Ferret

Put a 120-80 adapter on top of a 80-60 adapter. nexfan.com has them both. But use it with a better HSF. Like the SLK-800 (but the adapter won't attach to it...) or the swifty mcx-462+. YOu could then use a 190 cfm delta 120mm fan from sidewindercomputers.com. Airflow rules!

Back