• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't play bf1942

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotHisTechiness

i just bought bf1942 a couple of days ago and i haven't had a chance to play it till now. however, the game constantly freezes or locks up before i can even play. generally when it's about to load the game or a few seconds after it's been loaded. i've tried the game with the 40.__'s and the 30.__ detonators and still no go. i'd hate to return this game especially since i've read/heard such great reviews on it. :eh?: i even ran my vid card at stock and it still won't go. :(

Hmmm..I haven't really had any problems at all. But, check the readme file, there is a bunch of hardware that is supposed to have problems with the game. So, you can probably get an idea of what's going on there.

i have constant problems connecting to servers. i even tried contacting ea but i still haven't heard anything. the only reason i purchased this damn game is to play online, so i hope they have some serious fixes in the works.

*edit - patched to v1.1

Last edited:
Try installing the Detonator v30.87 from the MS Update site! My one had problems running on the new 40.XX beta drivers. It wouldn't run on my overclocked PC, when the FSB was at 157MHz, when I took it back to the default 133MHz it was okay. Did you install the retail patch v1.1? It should get more stable after patch v1.2!

As mentioned, did you install the patch? The first ver was VERY BUGGY. Compatibility sucked on first version.

Yodums, where is this patch? Do you suggest that I do it even though I'm not currently having any problems with the game? In other words, does it have any "extras" that are benefitial?

Well I am 100% problem free on my OCed system, but I know people having probs. I just hope v1.2 comes out soon, they are supposed to address the server connection probs and stability.

SniperXX said:
Well I am 100% problem free on my OCed system, but I know people having probs. I just hope v1.2 comes out soon, they are supposed to address the server connection probs and stability.

Yeah, I also don't have problems on my OCed system. And, with 1.2, there will be the mapmaker! ;) I'm really looking forward to that...

hmm, i don't think my problem extends just for bf1942 'cause i returned it for ut2k3 and i can't seem to run that either. i'm really up against the wall here 'cause i've used the newest leadtek drivers, detonator 40.__, 30.__, 29.__, and 28.__, everything stock all with no success. i either crash back to the desktp or i get a bsod with an error with "k-mode exception", ntoskrnl, or nv4_dll. i know ntos deals with 2k for whatever reason as with nv4 dealing with the drivers. dunno how to fix them though. i'd really like to play these new games that are coming out. :(

Back