• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kx7 / 1600+ / Corsair 3200c2 owners ..lil help pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I'm sure there's quite a few of ya out there (Kx7 / 1600+ / corsair 3200c2 owners) I can't seem to get above 168 FSB .. I'm pretty sure my 1/5 Divisor is working. I've played with the core and Ram voltage with no success. I'm pretty sure the CPU can handle a higher FSB (AROGA Y). Can some one give me a run down of there bios settings so I can get an idea of were I could possibly be going wrong?? Ram is set to 166 and I have tried with the least aggressive timings as well as the most aggressive with the same result.

Well I can tell you that at 166 fsb the 1/5th kicks in, so at 168fsb you are using the 1/5th I'm not sure what that stepping is capable of, I can tell you that my agoia y does up to 180 fsb with mushkin pc3200,so since the 1/5th is going youve eliminated your pci components holding you back as they are all in spec,It may very well be the processer that's holding you back, what voltage are using on the core and memory and what are your temps?

mamer said:
Well I can tell you that at 166 fsb the 1/5th kicks in, so at 168fsb you are using the 1/5th I'm not sure what that stepping is capable of, I can tell you that my agoia y does up to 180 fsb with mushkin pc3200,so since the 1/5th is going youve eliminated your pci components holding you back as they are all in spec,It may very well be the processer that's holding you back, what voltage are using on the core and memory and what are your temps?
My temps are fine (35c Water cooled) I raised the vcore to 1.85 and bumped the Ram up 2 from default. I didn't touch the IO because like you said my IDE/PCI/AGP are running in (or near) spec there for they shouldn't need any more juice.. I know it's not impossible but I really find it hard to believe this chip has reached it's limit so soon..What voltage do you have your Core and Ram?

Try the dimm slot closest to the CPU.. Make sure ya got the 5th divider selected.. Ya shouldnt be having any probs unless your block isint seated right.

Did ya get a AGIOA stepping?

KnownKiller said:
Try the dimm slot closest to the CPU.. Make sure ya got the 5th divider selected.. Ya shouldnt be having any probs unless your block isint seated right.

Did ya get a AGIOA stepping?
You know what, I ordered a AGOIA and they sent me a AROGA..I believe these arn't very good overclockers.. I'm going to call newegg mon. and see what they say about a RMA. Oh and I am useing DIMM 1.

Kato said:
Is your 1600 unlocked? If not, thats what stopping you from anything above 168FSB.
Most AGOIA can do at least 1800 locked (also my 1/5 divider kicks in at 166 so it's running almost in spec). Though I'm sure I could get more out of the chip unlocked, I think I'm going to return it and get what I originally ordered. I would never of even installed it but I when I saw the "ARO" I got mixed up and was thinking it was a AROIA not a AROGA :rolleyes: . O well no bigie at least now I know it is the chip that was holding me back and not my OverClocking skills ;)..

Yeah, most of the AGIOA or AROIA can do 166+FSB locked, but yours is a AROGA. Newegg say they only ship AGOIA, so they should have np to exchange it for you:D

I have to agree with Kato - 168 x 10.5 = 1764 and thats if you are not running it aggressively, my AGOIA can only do 1771 (100% stable).

Return to sender ;) and hope you get a "y".

I have that board, and the divisor doesnt "kick" in. you actually have to select it. your problem probably rests in the stepping.
I know that this thread has been stagnant for a couple days, but i wasnt sure if you knew about the whole kicking in thing. my first AGOIA Y did about 170 right out of the box. I think that the highest i got that chip was 1.82ghz.

You need to set your divider in the soft menu to 5:2:1. It doesn't just kick in like other boards. You should think about unlocking you CPU. Look at me and kato, arkaine as well. We have our settings in our sigs. And don't try to put you timing to the max. Just put it at case 2 with 3.3.6 and see how high you can get.

Exar Jun said:
You need to set your divider in the soft menu to 5:2:1. It doesn't just kick in like other boards. You should think about unlocking you CPU. Look at me and kato, arkaine as well. We have our settings in our sigs. And don't try to put you timing to the max. Just put it at case 2 with 3.3.6 and see how high you can get.
Yah I had manually set the divisor but was still uncertain that it was actually working (it was though). Exar Jun, What's the highest FSB you could get with that chip locked? Just curious because this one does 1764 (168x10.5) and I'm about to RMA it and try to get the stepping I originally ordered (AGOIA). I'm Not sure if it's worth it to do so though..

Back