• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BUYAIB.com Cancels Order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

So far my experience with BuyAIB.com has been horrible.

I ordered $60 Crucial 256MB PC2700 DDR RAM. I bought a cashiers check for $1.50. I sent the check. Over a week has passed. The check has to go from michigan to ohio. Not that long of a trip. Should take less than 3 days! Nothing in my email. Nothing next to my door. I check their site and my order status. "Your Order Has Been Canceled". NOOO!! WHY?!?!

They didn't bother to email me that my order was canceled. They didn't bother to call me, and tell my why. They did nothing. I try to email them, and I get my email bounced back "Message cannot be delivered, account over quota."

If tommorow passes and I still can't get through with email or phone, I might be a little ticked off.

Word of advice, never use checks when purchasing stuff online. Stick with credit.

diggingforgold said:
So far my experience with BuyAIB.com has been horrible.

I ordered $60 Crucial 256MB PC2700 DDR RAM. I bought a cashiers check for $1.50. I sent the check. Over a week has passed. The check has to go from michigan to ohio. Not that long of a trip. Should take less than 3 days! Nothing in my email. Nothing next to my door. I check their site and my order status. "Your Order Has Been Canceled". NOOO!! WHY?!?!

They didn't bother to email me that my order was canceled. They didn't bother to call me, and tell my why. They did nothing. I try to email them, and I get my email bounced back "Message cannot be delivered, account over quota."

If tommorow passes and I still can't get through with email or phone, I might be a little ticked off.

Word of advice, never use checks when purchasing stuff online. Stick with credit.
Well your actually better off that a $hite company dosn't have yer credit card. You did call and cancell the check right?

I'm gonna wait until monday. It might just be because over the weekend their email got packed.

I don't want to cancel it because its a hassle to get another one. Im hoping the memory can be reordered, and they should have my check still. I dont think its a scam, might just be a processing error. But reguardless, they aren't going to make many customers by canceling orders and holding checks now are they.

Also, the cashier at the bank told me NOT to sign the check. Im wondering if they looked at the check and saw that it wasnt signed, then canceled it. Hmm. But the cashier told me DO NOT SIGN THE CHECK.

Maybe.... maybe the bank and the store are conspiring to steal my $60! CONSPIRACY! They're after me lucky charms!

WHOA! Now that's a bad reseller. I've never seen that quantity of bad responses before. 3 months to resolve an RMA?

FORGET IT!

edit: You know, I'd hold onto my money and get my memory elsewhere. Many of those customers say they were shipped the WRONG memory. PC100 instead of PC2100. Little things like that. Read the overwhelming # of posts from people who were completely screwed by these chumps.

My advice: cancel the check and go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Also, the cashier at the bank told me NOT to sign the check. Im wondering if they looked at the check and saw that it wasnt signed, then canceled it. Hmm. But the cashier told me DO NOT SIGN THE CHECK.

as I understand it, cashier's checks are not valid unless signed. You are supposed to fill it out, that way only the intended recipient can cash it. Also- I'm pretty sure that they are as good as cash, to anybody who finds it, if unsigned. I don't think you can get a refund on one. But I hope I am wrong :D

That being said- BuyAIB has a really really bad reputation. I've heard lots of horror stories about them! I definately will never do business there! I sure hope you get them to take care of this.

Monster of Rock said:
I sure hope you get them to take care of this.

I would'nt count on it. You can kiss the 60.00 goodbye. A cashiers check is cash signed or not. You can try to stop payment but chances are its been cashed and thats that.

A lesson learned at the cost of 60 bucks. Resellerratings is worth its weight in gold.

Sorry to hear about your deal. I learned my lesson a little cheaper. $42.00 for a vid card I never got. That was before I came here and now I only deal with resellers ppl reccomend here. Newegg, SVC, TCWO, PCNUT to name a few. You may find parts listed cheaper but there is risk and I don't like risking my hard earned money.

i have actually ordered from them earlier this year. i got a hard drive and 512mb ddr ram. i had no problem with the order at all. I did just recently place another order last week. after reading this, i hope i don't have a problem with it.

Back