• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Pavillion 4457

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

got my hands on this old bugger and after some research find out it has Asus mobo and 400 mhz Celeron chip which should run good at 600 (or at least 533 mhz) by changing FSB from 66 to 100.

However, there are no jumpers anymore! seems HP deleted them to avoid overclocking? or whats the story? do I use software to ramp up the FSB on this baby?

:mad:

i have a HP6630 (rig #2 in my sig) and there's no overclocking options. i don't even have a Ram timing option.

i tried using softFSB but i don't know what clock generator this board uses so i can't do it that way.

good luck with yours :)

i had a friend that had an HP took his computer apart to find out what was inside and he found an ASUS board, tried to get to get ASUS to give him some information on it and they wouldnt even admit they created such a monster, but in short they use scaled back boards, probably to save money.

find the clock generator on your board and google whatever numbers/letters/id/anything that is on/around it and see if you cant find out that way. and then see if soft fsb works, good luck to ya

I own the HP in my sig and just as you guessed, HP has most of their boards custom made by Asus. Unfortunalely they have them made without options in the bios. This is done by most OEMs to prevent users from OCing them and causing tech support to go bonkers.

On a funnier note, if you have the video card that they provide, that too is an ASUS. Usually a Vanta TL which ASUS denies they make anymore.

Back