• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EeeK

Registered
Usin MBM 5, my AMD XP 1600 with ThermalRight AX7 on Epox 8K3A+, the CPU temp is 70+ and when I run Prime95, it went to 80+. I tried remounting the AX7 but still the same. What should I do?

PS: AX7 is usin 80mm x 80mm Delta Focus Flow Fan.

Celcius.

Also the RPM sensor on my Delta does not work. Is that at the blue wire. I checked and confirm that the connection is there. Is there anything I can do?

Is it overclocked at all, and are you using any Arctic Silver? Sorry for all the questions, trying to get a clear understanding of what is happening...

P.S. Just thought of another question... is your case in a well ventilated space, or is it behind a closed door in a cabinet or something?

Last edited:
Nope not o/c. No artic silver.

Fan Spec:

Maker: DELTA
Model: FFB0812EHE
Size: 80 x 80 x 38 (mm)
Bearing: Dual Ball Bearing System
Voltage: 12V
Speed: 5700 rpm
Air Flow: 80 CFM
Noise Level: 52.5 dBA

I suspect it the contact btw the CPU and the heatsink AX7 but I tried remounting but it's still the same even I left the left panel open.

Only thing I can think of atm is that the base of the HS and your CPU doesn't have good contact. Did you consider lapping the HS at all? There are some very good guides and links to guides here on the forums. Just do a search for "lapping" and see how others have done it.

Yup I've lapped it...

Also the RPM on my Delta Fan, anyone can help me?

This is the arrangement:
left pin - blue
center pin - red
right pin - black

No RPM reported.

Last edited:
do you have anything between the HS and the cpu at all?

as for the rpm reporting, no idea what you could do to fix it, i have the same thing with one of my mb connectors.

Ok, I've the copper shim and the temp have reduced to 55+ degree after loadin windows and it will go to 65+. Is that normal? After removin the copper shim, will it damage the cpu? Is there anythin to reduce the temp. Should I apply thermal grease or somethin? Any recommendation?

PS: I've emailed to Delta regardin this. Do you think I've a possiblility of changin the fan?

Get yorself some As3 and apply some to that poor cpu ;)

That way you should see better performance

If i may ask,are you running the ax-7 without applying anykind of thermal grease?

Back