• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB pin modding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

Here is my dilema. I have a Soyo P4X400 Drgon Ultra motherboard and it automatically detects the 100FSB and only allows me to go as far as 132FSB, however as I increase the FSB I also increase the PCI and AGP speed way beyond spec so thats no good. Now I figured that if i could get my MOBO to read the 2.4 400FSB Northwood as a lets say 3.2 533FSB [24x133=3200] that would be spendid. So how do I do that, well I go and download the spec sheet from Intel, then I look at Pin assignemtns and see this:

BSEL[1:0] Frequency Table for BCLK[1:0]
bsel1 bsel0 function
L L 100FSB
L H 133FSB
H L Reserved
H H Reserved

So I figure out that BSEL0 should send a high voltage or 1 (0 for low) to BCLK0.

This would be pin AD6 sends a high (1) to pin AF22. Right? Right. However since I dont have a 133FSB CPU, BSEL0 doesnt send a signal. DAMN!

Does anyone know which pin I can use to send that high (1) to BCLK0??????!

This would allow me to run my 2.4A Northwood at 3.2Ghz and that would make me very happy, and the Corsair XMS 3200C2 memmory in this machine very happy :)

All this trouble because I didnt buy an ASUS motherboard. :mad:

Thanks,

Kam

HEHEHEHE GOT IT!

Figured it out :D, you have to send a hight signal from one of the Vdin pins, the Vmod pins wrap one and send it to Bsel 0 or Pin A22, lemme check when i get home. Works great providing you have a 100FSB processor and it can work at 133 FSB.

Kam :cool:

Back