• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX 440 o/c ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

Hi all , i am new to o/c'ing video cards and i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of " how too" oc your vid card or any other usefull help.

Thanx in advance

I would download a program called "PowerStrip". I use it to overclock my PCI Kyro video card, and it works pretty well. There's a slider bar on it, just inch it up a few Mhz at a time, and play some games to stress it and to see if theres any artifacts (graphical errors or "snow"-like things appearing on the screen) due to heat. Go as high as you can w/o artifacts if youre using stock cooling.

yup,, me , too would reccommend that program or u can try to change the windows registry by typing regedit.exe at the run window. find the nvidia file and change it the 3. after rebooting, by pressing the additional setting on your nvidia driver softeware there'd be a new feature which allows u to change the speeds by scolling it

I too have a MX440, which I will be soon upgrading to a Radeon 9700 Pro. I run both monitors, constantly, except for games. I haven't found any games that support both monitors. Anyways, I tried the powerstrip, all it did when I oc'ed was to completely crash the card. I tried it in 5mhz jumps and I think that did it, cause I tried the GeForce Tweak Utility listed elsewhere in this forum and it oc'ed pretty good, but then I got artifacts. I didn't raise it that much with the GF Tweak. I think I'll just wait on the Radeon 9700 Pro or the NV30. God I love money, too bad I don't have any. LOL:burn:

Back