• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm thinking of getting a G4MX480 for $99 bucks!! what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I know it doesn't support Dx 8.1.. but I need a cheap card.. $99 bucks is the most I can spend and a The MX480 doesn't seen to be a slow poke.. and it should overclock very nice..

hopefully I'll beet cisco to this.....
get a 8500le it's cheaper, faster and supports DX 8.1

Last edited:
ATC9001 said:
hopefully I'll beet cisco to this.....
get a 8500le it's cheaper, faster and supports DX 8.1

you beat me to it , hehehe, you gave him the best option for $99 thats for dang sure.

8500LE in some flavour does not have to be built by ATI just make sure you get 250/250 clk/mem speed

Cisco KId

Thank you all.. I destroyed Ati radeon 9700, and I got a defective PNY G4 ti4600 from the box all in a few months. For the ATI card, I am to blame(I don't want to re-live the horror by explaining) But PNY screwed me loving and didn't want to give me a RMA. To this day i'm upset about it... Anyway I have a TNT-2 64 and a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI which niether of them are even decent. I was going to get a Radeon 9500 PRO, but I owe a lot of money so that won't be a good idea.. thank you all for you responses and I'll look into the 128MB cards.. :0)

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, how did you possibly kill both cards? After reading what you killed, I would consider myself 'lucky' for killing the amount of hardware I have (Mobos mostly, video cards etc.), that or equivilant. ;)

I also feel your pain of using a poor video card. My Radeon 8500 got stolen out of my mailbox after it came back from RMA and I'm stuck on my nVidia GeForce 2 MX200 which I refuse to game at all in.

Yodums

Overclocker456 said:
Thank you all.. I destroyed Ati radeon 9700, and I got a defective PNY G4 ti4600 from the box all in a few months. For the ATI card, I am to blame(I don't want to re-live the horror by explaining) But PNY screwed me loving and didn't want to give me a RMA. To this day i'm upset about it... Anyway I have a TNT-2 64 and a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI which niether of them are even decent. I was going to get a Radeon 9500 PRO, but I owe a lot of money so that won't be a good idea.. thank you all for you responses and I'll look into the 128MB cards.. :0)

I would like to hear how you destroyed a 9700 Pro, why would anyone start modding that card right after buying it at $340+ US $$$

cisco kid

lol, feel for you......

Yes please tell us what happened to the 9700 pro ................. help me to make sure I don't do that . And btw i am sorry to hear that you hurt your card :(

Back