• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

two_dope2000

I pulled an LCD screen out of a JVC camera, model number GR-SXM527U, and i would like to make the LCD screen work with my PC, i dont know if i need a controller or what, im totally lost when it comes to LCD's, any help?

btw thisisnt a normal run in the mill 2 like lcd, its full color, backlit, the whole shibang? :)

well, you could take the whole camera assembly and tear it out of the case and use your vid output. I have been thinking of doing that...

hmmm, maybe take out just the screen, the controller and the vid output? power it some other way? probly not, but it's worth a try.

haha, exactly. i think theres a code or something on the back of the LCD controller chip and i dont know where the hell that is, lol. and if i new who made it i could at least try to find a controller.

Reviving old lcd screens is a very grey area due to the bespoke nature of the controller elements involved. Although there are standards followed such as LVDS, TTL, and panel link the actual interfacing varies greatly not only between, but within brands.

The most realistic hope you have of getting that screen working is by getting hold of the lcd controller within the camera and isolating its signal, control and power inputs. Unless you have a service manual or alot of experience with LCD controller electronics then your luck is out :(

If you were to find a supplier of suitable controller boards you'd probably find, as I have, that they are ridiculously expensive.

Back