• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE owners - Bios response slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only time mine is slow is when I overclock it too high. I just bump it back down and it responds fine.

hmmm...i gotta check out which version it is. also, did you have the same problem as well vbhard?

anyway, out of all the several boards ive seen, ive never seen anything act this slow.

vbhard said:

I only had the problem while my FSB was 166-168FSB(3:4 settings) not otherwise.

Try flashing the BIOS to 1002 :)

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4pe/p4pe1002.zip

thanks

I just downloaded that file and the aflash. now, i just need to get a blank floppy and gotta find out which version that board has.

oh, when i first got into the bios it was slow from the start before making any changes. :(

Just updated the BIOS from 1001 to 1002....result is still the same. I'm beginning to think that this board was used or maybe has to do w/ the combination w/ the video card. :(

KrzyPrk said:
Just updated the BIOS from 1001 to 1002....result is still the same. I'm beginning to think that this board was used or maybe has to do w/ the combination w/ the video card. :(

That's for sure...!!!...Why don't you try another VGA...???

My new P4PE does this too. Everything else works perfectly, but I noticed the bios response is a little slower than my old P4B266-C was. I'm running an Asus V9280S/TVD 128MB Geforce 4 TI4200
video card.

Is this a problem, or just the way things are now. BTW I upgraded to the lastest bios, 1003 rev 10 beta, and it didn't fix it.

I have the p4g8x deluxe, and response is a bit slow (like a bit laggy) at any speeds... it´s the 1003 bios version, with a creative ti4200 64mb, so I don´t think it´s the graphics card

hope this helps

Back