• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock IMB-180 Above 4G Decoding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karalux

Hello, i want to enable ReBar support for my GPU on AsRock IMB-180 motherboard that does not have Above 4g Decoding properly implemented in its bios. I contacted AsRock support asking to add Above 4g Decoding and all i got was a modded bios with unsuccessful try to do it, it still doesnt work propely. Is there anyone who could add fully working Above 4g Decoding to this bios? https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/IPC/IMB-180(1.70)ROM.zip

I was going to reply that it can't be done on a motherboard of that age, but it seems it is possible to do it. You might want to research these apps and see what you need to get it going.

Let us know if you are successful! I might try to enable reBar on my Haswell system.

Thats the mod i want to use, but in order for it to work i need working above 4G decoding first which is usually not a big problem for Haswell systems (even if its hidden or broken it can be fixed by multiple ways that are explained in ReBarUEFI Github). As far as i know usually z87 motherboards have more problems with this and in my case IMB-180 being an industrial board with a mobile chipset and not having a proper bios code is even more complicated.

Back